What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a file stored in your computer or device when you visit a website (“Cookie” or “cookie”). A cookie contains a string of characters helpful to provide a better experience for you. As a general rule, cookies do not include your personal data or passwords.
The information contained in the cookie allows Softtek to customize your experience based on the preferences or interests that you set in place (e.g. language, which could be established according to your browser’s language or based on settings you previously selected on the same site). Cookies also store user preferences and other relevant information to provide a better experience when navigating Softtek’s sites.
Types of Cookies
- First-party cookies, which are established and managed by Softtek;
- Third-party cookies, which are established by entities other than Softtek (e.g., marketing partners, affiliates, or analytics providers). Third-party cookies enable features or functionality such as interactive content depending on your preferences. They allow us to deliver a better user experience based on the devices most used to browse our content, languages frequently used, and to improve effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, known as “Analytics”, additionally, to provide targeted advertisements, through the cross-device feature, based on your interests.
Additionally Third-party Cookies includes the following:
- Google Analytics. These cookies are used to analyze trends, administer the website, track visitor’s referring site and movements around Softtek’s websites, and collect demographic information about our visitor base. We may receive anonymized reports based on the use of this technology on an aggregated basis.
- Hubspot. We’re using HubSpot tracking code, which place cookies or similar technologies to track visitors for Softtek’s websites and gather demographic information about them.
This data is used to deliver customized content to users whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular Softtek’s service or solution.
The information collected by this way is anonymous to us, which means we cannot see any of the personal information of individual users.
- NextRoll. This technology helps us recognize your device(s) and understand how you use our site(s) so that we can improve our services to reflect your interests and serve you targeted advertisements about the services that are likely to be of more interest to you.
Specifically, NextRoll collect information about your activity on our site(s) to enable us to:
- measure and analyse traffic and browsing activity on our site(s);
- We may share data, such as hashed email derived from emails or other online identifiers collected on our site(s) with NextRoll.
This allows our partners to recognize and deliver you ads across devices and browsers. To read more about the technologies used and their cross device capabilities please refer to NextRoll’s Privacy Notice.
- Basic website functionality cookies, These cookies are used to customize Softtek’s sites based on your language or location, as well as to remember the preferences in how the forms, dialogs and other items are displayed.
- Necessary Website Cookies, some types of cookies are necessary and are used to keep track of certain data, whether you have accepted or rejected cookies in the page for preventing the dialog box appearing on each page. These “necessary website cookies” may be blocked or deleted by adjusting your browser settings (click on the “help” section of your browser and learn how to change the cookies preferences). Note: If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all features available on Softtek’s sites.
- Additionally, of disabling cookies, you opt-out you can install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting data about website visits.
Learn more at: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- NextRoll, may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. For this reason, you can use the following third party tools to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest based advertising.
We may modify this policy from time to time in order to be in compliance with the legal, regulatory and operational requirements.
- Europe: email@example.com
- Colombia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rest of the world: email@example.com
Last modification: july 2023.