3 January, 2018
- Intelligent customization, biometric authentication and virtual reality, among the most outstanding trends for this year
- Biometrics will be definitively implemented as a solution to security in all types of access, due to the increase of cyberattacks and digital threats
The user experience has established itself as the cornerstone of any business strategy, proof of this is that all companies are now working to adapt their web pages and applications to the mobile user; better usability, customization, biometric authentication, virtual reality, etc., are some of Vector ITC Group’s bets for this 2018.
The customer experience is becoming increasingly important, user recommendations and opinions have gained weight in recent times in the decisions of other consumers. In this sense, whoever offers the best experience will have a great advantage over the rest of its competitors. An improved, fast, offline and online experience, optimized and secure is what is expected today by the user.
For this reason, Vector ITC Group, a technology consultancy 100% of Spanish capital, has developed a list of trends and challenges to face in this field:
- Focus on content.In 2018 the experiences will be designed and focused on the content, eliminating any distraction to the user. It emphasizes minimalism. Typography gains prominence and size, being available as if it were an image, and moving images will be a plus that provides important information. This will cause the user’s attention and create a positive impact.
- Less clicks.Mobility and immediacy prevails in current design strategies. The frenetic pace and variety of services and products forces eCommerce to take into account the time of users, so in 2018 the design will be used to create a clearer navigation that provides relevant information and specific functions, and in this way save the consumer time. The search for greater usability leads to the creation of fixed menus, making it easier for the user to scroll infinitely.
- Intelligent customization.Advances in Big Data, Business Intelligence and Machine Learning provide a wealth of data and information, which, well used, will allow companies to offer user experiences tailored to every type of person, from content and advertising to the same interface appropriate to your interests, history and browsing preferences.
- Omnichannel. In order to provide the best user experience, companies must tailor their services and products to different devices. The convenience of the multi-device world allows, for example, to perform online actions without interference on different devices and to complete these actions offline.
- Humanize the digital experience.The advancement of technology has made today even the interactions with digital products themselves cause emotions, which translates into trust, transparency and security.
- Biometric authentication. Biometrics will be definitively implemented as a solution to safety in all types of accesses. In addition, it will make it easier for many applications and services to authenticate users without having to create or remember passwords. An important aspect to consider with the recent increase in cyberattacks and digital threats.
- Virtual Reality.There are already many brands that have set a new trend to win over their consumers, as it allows to create deeper connections with their audience through a different and very surprising shopping experience, which results in an increase in engagement.
Vector ITC Grouprecommends maintaining a constant balance between content and design. “The Internet is increasingly visual and it’s important to focus efforts on that aspect, Google will end up rewardingit,” says Aldara Sanchez, UX Technician at Vector ITC Group.