Application Maintenance and Support for a Fortune 100 Corporation
Increasing service levels while reducing operating costs of a complex portfolio of applications
A Fortune 100 Company; one of the world’s leading providers of essential technologies to developed, developing and emerging countries. Through products and services in aviation, energy, oil and gas, transportation and water and process technologies. The Company has revenues of nearly $50 Billion per year and employs more than 85,000 people worldwide.
The Client wanted to develop a Global Centre of Excellence as a centralized solution for Application Support, which would drive operational excellence, process improvement and efficiency. The customer had 40 employees spread among 16 different organizations and around 500 contractors from 20 different vendors and 40+ statements of work. This fragmentation had wide variation in processes, tools, customer service and cost.
Creating a Global Centre of Excellence would enable the Client to:
- Create an application portfolio that maximizes business value
- Lower the costs to a minimum
- Minimize risk to the business
- Maximize customer service
The Solution by Softtek
A comprehensive assessment was done to establish a baseline of the current quality of the support services, the main causes, as well as the impact for the Company and the users.
Softtek recommended a model aimed to simplify the organizational structure, streamline the processes, and raise customer satisfaction. The solution required a team comprised of 160 people, from which an overwhelming majority (96%) were located at Softtek’s Near Shore® facilities in Mexico.
The Client’s portfolio included 353 Global Applications, and an average of 2,300 cases (Tickets) per month.
The solution included:
- Establishing and standardizing quality metrics;
- Process audits to ensure that guidelines were followed;
- Operational reviews and communication plan across the organization;
- A strong focus on productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Constantly reduce the number of tickets (defects) in the applications by continuously performing root-cause-analysis of the cases received by Softtek;
- These actions freed resources which were utilized to increase the number of applications supported by the team, which translated into higher productivity and a better return on investment for the Client;
- By having a high productivity team, it was possible to move more people to the lower cost location (Softtek’s Near Shore® Delivery Centre) and reach a Near Shore® leverage of 96%;
- Which translated into savings for the Client of $2.93 MUSD during the first year of operation of the solution.
The Voice of the Customer
“I would like to acknowledge that your approach on this project practices, and commitment to quality was very impressive.”
“Softtek has excellent teamwork, leadership and commitment, Customer focus, empathy & partnership.”
Founded in 1982, Softtek is a global provider of IT and business process solutions with close to 6,000 associates across 30 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. With nine Global Delivery Centers in Mexico, China, Brazil, Argentina and Spain, Softtek provides in-depth, high-quality and cost-effective solutions to top-tier corporations in over 20 countries through on-site, on-shore and its trademarked Global Nearshore™ service delivery models. Creator and leader of the Near Shore® Industry, Softtek is the largest private IT service provider in Latin America. For more information, visit softtek.com.