CASE STUDY/ AIRLINES & AIRPORTS
Share with your colleagues
Largest domestic air carrier within the United States.
US $20B+ annual revenue
4,000+ departures daily
55K team members
100+ destinations across the United States
"Softtek has established itself as a strategic IT partner, enhancing our ability to collaborate and drive ongoing operational improvement and innovation."
CIO of Airline
Our client embarked on a major expansion initiative and wanted to keep its IT ecosystem ready to withstand the turbulence. It needed a reliable IT support strategy that could ensure 24/7 flawless daily operations of all mission critical infrastructure, achieve incremental cost efficiencies to combat shrinking profit margins, and welcome growth and modernization initiatives.
Find a partner with industry expertise to support a complex airline application portfolio.
Consolidate vendors with scattered responsibilities and limited ownership into a single-vendor ITO model.
Reduce defects in system processes, including tickets, maintenance pods, and reporting.
Support a rapidly growing number of flight routes and applications.
Softtek’s do-it-all solution was geared toward assuming a true partnership approach under a single-vendor managed services model to transform how automation, SRE principles, improved SLAs, and proven process delivery frameworks could continuously improve the airline’s ITO outcomes.
• Application maintenance, support, and enhancements
• Strategic stabilization via incident log analytics and root cause analysis
• An information security component for multi-layer architecture hardening
• Automation initiatives for self-healing, monitoring, and intelligent alerts
• Full transition and ramp-up of 400+ nearshore and stateside professionals in less than six months
• Agile maintenance pods to manage 300+ applications (25% of which are required to fly) and 20,000+ servers behind the entire value chain (eCommerce, reservations, customer loyalty, cargo, revenue management, and mission-critical flight systems)
This partnership has afforded the airline plenty of legroom for business growth by supporting the infrastructure behind safe and efficient flight operations and instilling a continuous improvement mindset for new customer-focused capabilities through IT savings.
25% first-year IT operations savings.
Reduced critical incidents by 90% and normal incidents by 32%
Reduced service requests by 50% through automation and incident log analytics.
Zero business disruptions during transition and ramp-up.